Sample Care Assistant cover letter
If you are applying for a care assistant or care worker position you should make sure that you enclose a well written cover letter with your CV or resume. A great way of knowing what to include in your care assistant cover letter is to read and analyse the job advert you are replying to. If you are sending out a speculative cover letter, find out as much as you can about the company. This can give you insight into what you can include in your cover letter.
What should your Care Assistant cover letter contain?
The point of a cover letter is to introduce yourself and to get the reader to look at your CV. A good cover letter should grab the reader’s attention by highlighting your skills, qualities, experience and suitability for the job in 3 or 4 paragraphs. It should make the reader interested enough to read your CV / resume for more details.
Your care worker cover letter should give brief examples of:
- your knowledge of health and safety regulations
- your knowledge of treatment and care plans
- verbal and written communication skills you possess
- any medical, specialist or relevant training
- your qualifications
- your ability to work in a team
- your knowledge of the company / organisation
- your suitability for the role
Make sure your cover letter enhances your CV / resume by keeping it relevant and to the point. Check it yourself, then get someone you trust to check it again for spelling and grammar.
Sample cover letter for a Care Assistant or Care Worker role
40 Any Rd
Tel: 0208 888888 Mobile: 077 777777
E-mail: [email protected]
Anytown Mental Health Service
1 Any Street
Dear Mr Wellman
Job REF: 123456: Senior Care Assistant – Grade 1
I wish to apply for the position of Senior Care Assistant as advertised in the Anytown Gazette and on the PD Cafe website. Please find enclosed my CV for your consideration.
For the past two years I have been employed by Anytown Health Authority as a Care Assistant working with vulnerable clients in their own homes. During this time I have proven my ability to work with an interdisciplinary team, utilised my interpersonal skills by developing strong professional relationships with clients, including individuals, families and community groups. During the course of my career I have acquired a thorough understanding of COSHH, Health and Safety, Equal Opportunities, Risk management, Data Protection and confidentiality.
Having worked in both public and private organisations in the care sector, I am fully aware of the needs of the individual and the importance of team work. My strong verbal and written communication skills have been well utilised in these roles and I have also demonstrated solid organisational skills in my case management.
I entered into a career as a care worker as I have a strong desire to make a positive difference in people’s lives. I have almost completed my NVQ level 5 Health Care and am confident that I can make a positive contribution to Anytown Health Authority if given the opportunity.
If you require any more information I would be happy to provide it and can be contacted either by telephone on the numbers on my CV or by email [email protected]
I am available for interviews and hope to hear from you soon.
Before you send out your Care Assistant cover letter, please remember how important it is to check for grammar and punctuation. Sometimes a word transposed or omitted can have a devastating effect. Just look at some of the worst CV mistakes for examples of bad grammar and punctuation.
Once you have constructed a great Care Assistant CV covering letter that will impress, you can search for a job in your country or overseas, find the latest care worker jobs and start applying instantly by uploading your CV / resume online.
If you are looking for other great example cover letters in your field to introduce your CV/resume to a prospective employer then go to our sample CV cover letters section to find:
Sample cover letter for Admin Assistant
Sample cover letter NLP
Sample cover letter for Project Manager
Sample cover letter for Social Worker
Sample cover letter for a Warehouse Operative / Assistant
Another alternative you could consider is to download a software program, such as OneClick Cover Letter Creator that enables you to produce powerful letters by following their process.
If you have any questions, comments, need help writing a Care Assistant CV or resume or would like further information on how to write a CV or resume, use our comment form below and we will gladly try and get the advice and guidance that you need.
Personal Care Assistant Advice
As a personal care assistant, you’ll be attending the needs of those who are ill, elderly, or need assistance with everyday living. We’ve created the cover letter examples that follow specifically for people looking for personal care assistant positions.With the cover letter examples below as a starting point, creating your own well-received cover letter will be a faster and easier process. Take the next step–click on any of the cover letter examples below to start now.
Cover Letter Tips for Personal Care Assistant
To find jobs as a Personal Care Assistant, you need the perfect mixture of job-hunting skills and mindset. Follow these tips to find success in your job search journey.
1. Avoid negative thinking. This will be a rough and daunting journey, and it may be tempting to give up. However, if you avoid negative thinking and stay positive, you will be able to persevere which will help you secure a position.
2. Look for different information. Everyone looking for positions can access the same information online. If you begin looking outside of the computer by listening to friends and communicating with individuals, you can find a lesser-known opportunity that might be just the right fit for you.
3. Take Control. While you want to network and communicate with friends and family, you do not want to rely to heavily on them or allow them to take over your search. Ultimately, you need to maintain control of your search and drive action and communication.
4. Stay persistent. Often, we don’t want to seem too desperate or assume that a potential employer will get back to us if they are interested. However, directly communicating with hiring managers to follow up on opportunities can help set you apart and make your cover letter and application more noticeable.
5. Perfect your cover letter. The cover letter is usually the first step to getting an interview, and you want to make sure that it is up to date and accurate.
Personal Care Assistant Job Seeking Tips
Your cover letter can either help or hinder your search for jobs as a Personal Care Assistant. Follow these do’s or don’ts to make sure that your cover letter is ready to help you succeed.
1. Do highlight relevant personality traits in the summary section. You want to show a little bit of who you are as an individual and what you can add to the company.
2. Don’t include hobbies. You want to stay focused on traits and skills that are specific to the position don’t include outside hobbies like surfing or mountain climbing.
3. Do include sports if you are a new graduate. The only time a hobby might help is if you have recently graduated and played a sport. Many potential employers find the skills relevant.
4. Do include any higher education, specific training or college courses that you have completed. Even if you haven’t graduated from a university or completed a program, you want to show what you have completed that is useful to the position.
5. Do not include high school information. If you have completed any amount of higher education, it is assumed you have completed high school. Only include this if you have no other education.