Bandwidth Limit ExceededThe server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.
Introduction to the Iraq War Essays
©2002-2017 Roedy Green of Canadian Mind Products
IntroductionThe Iraq war is a continuation of the 9-11 and Afghanistan Wag The Dog.
American soldiers are raping, maiming, killing and torturing kids in Iraq. This must stop. There is no compelling reason to hurt these kids.It seems like the war has been going on forever, but it started on 2003-03-20, 14 years and 11 months ago, with the bombing of Baghdad. In this essay I hope to convince you that George W. Bush’s sadistic killing, torture and rape of Iraq’s children is both wrong and pointless. It must stop.
It is sort of fascinating that you can have 100 percent certainty about weapons of mass destruction and zero certainty of about where they are.
~ Dr. Hans Blix(1928-06-28 age:89), UN (United Nations) chief Weapons Inspector
The essential argument against the Iraq war is the same as the argument against all wars. Wars bring unimaginable suffering. The soldiers, children, women and the elderly killed, maimed and tortured suffer. War corrodes the souls of those who do the killing. War destroys the environment. War is extremely expensive. It takes resources away from activities that support life.
What makes the Iraq war unusual is that those supporting it offer only trivial or ludicrous justifications. They refuse to admit they want the war in order to make money by selling war materials and by stealing Iraq’s oil.
- The CIA (Central Intelligence Agency) trained and helped Saddam Hussein to power. George Herbert Walker Bush sold Saddam helicopters and poison gas on credit which he used to gas the Iranians and the Kurds.
- Saddam became persona non grata only after he started accepting Euros for oil. (The same thing happened to Gadafi. Russia became bad guys again once they started accepting rubles for oil.) Shortly thereafter American Ambassador Glaspie betrayed Saddam by telling him the USA would not interfere if he invaded Kuwait over a cross-drilling dispute.
- After the Gulf War ended, before the Iraq war started, the USA bombed Iraq daily in the Sanction bombings which killed between 1 and 2 million Iraqi civilians. In that entire time, Iraq managed to hit not a single American plane nor kill a single American citizen.
- The United States attacked Iraq unprovoked on 2003-03-20, 14 years and 11 months ago and has occupied it ever since.
- Saddam was captured on 2003-12-13 ( 14 years and 3 months. ago).
- Saddam was hanged 2006-12-30 ( 11 years and 2 months.
- Bush justified the attack by claiming Iraq had nuclear weapons and was about to launch an attack on the USA.
- It turned out Iraq had neither nukes nor missiles to deliver them. Bush used counterfeit evidence to justify the attack. Iraq had and still has no means to attack the USA. They fight the American occupation with home-made bombs.
- Even Bush admitted that Iraq had nothing to do with 2001-09-11.
- The war has put the USA another trillion dollars in debt.
- Military corporations (such as Halliburton who still pay Cheney residuals to this day) have prospered to an extraordinary degree from the war and its lax accounting.
- The USA has settled in and built for an occupation to last at least 50 years. Even with Obama’s announced withdrawal, the USA will still continue the occupation indefinitely with a smaller force.
- Iraq has the second largest reserves of oil on earth, near the surface and sweet (without contaminants). It is valued at about $10 trillion at today’s prices. It will be worth many times that in future as the world oil supply dwindles. Getting control of that prize would explain the American willingness to throw money so recklessly at the Iraq war and their reluctance to give up the occupation.